Saturday, July 28, 2007

Just Another Post...



I don’t want to talk about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows…but then, I just have…Isn’t it just too revolting? The whole world crazy about this one book when there are a million wonderful books to appreciate…brilliant! I mean, my journey from Dhaka airport to Sydney airport, via the Bangkok airport, involved encounters with about 50 people in total, who were reading the book which just came out the day before in the bookstores…and what’s more, I wasn’t spared when I reached my Hall in campus…I awaited several messages in my answering machine, of which there was one announcement, which invited the residents to join a discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Yesterday, I went out hunting for some jobs in the City…I went to two Indian restaurants and one sandwich bar, and only one of them asked me to come back and get on the horse…but the most interesting of all of them was the sandwich bar…two old men sitting and looking after the shop…one bald and wearing an apron, and the other sitting like he was the older one of the two and had grey hair and two gleaming eyes…I said, “Hi I am Ananya”, to which the older man replied, “and I am Alexander the Great”…and greeted me with a good morning when it was almost 7:30pm…in fact, he also greeted the same to a customer who came to buy liquor…and then we discussed my timings and their requirements, which did not quite match…but the good man offered me a drink which I declined, cos’ my bladder was already bursting…anyway, then I asked him where he was from, since he neither have a good English accent, nor an Aussie one…and he told me he was Chinese…when he didn’t have small eyes and blunt nose. “but you don’t look Chinese”, I said….to which he just laughed a bit and said, “No dear, I am Greek!”…I gave my name and number and left the place…feeling like the history of Don Vito Corleone in Godfather II.

Anyway, now I must get back to Chemistry and then to reading about Western genre of films…finish watching Dead Man by Jim Jarmusch starring Johnny Depp….study a bit of Psychology…then try to sleep…oh sleep…when will I ever get to sleep at night and not in the mornings??? The answer is not blowing in the wind…and I need to go see the counselor, who is, from what I hear from the Janata (not Junta!), kind of worthless, especially when treating a complex psycho like me…

2 comments:

DOOMED DOCTOR said...

starting from the end...
no! u cant sleep before night(regularly),unless something terrible happens to u
The old chap must be an alcoholic,pothead...or may be high on life in general
about harry potter....cant help it when half of the world is crazy after that,nevermind...thr r readers 4 better novels!
...and i love western movies,esp clint eastwood...if u curse him,thr will be repercussions from doomed doctor...who blogs no more and just fills up the comment section.good 2 c u blogging !

Swarnabha Sen said...

how is it down under?