Monday, September 3, 2007

Dont know what to call this!!! Surrealist Americans???

"So who's the person with a star on the head whose poster is on your door?", he asked.

I stared at him...I was wondering if I was short of hearing.

"Was it Fidel Castro?", he asked again.

...No, I had perfect hearing capability....

I thought to myself, "Baba ke giye jiggesh kor shala!"

I apologized to the great man's soul before answering, "It's Che Guevara actually".

"Oh right...Didn't he die?"

.....mone hoy jeno Bhishwa! ichchhe moron aarki...tor baba merechhe re!

I looked at him and said, "He was killed...by the CIA...and he was chopped to pieces..."

There was a long pause...i ate my toast and they ate their rice and salad and meat for lunch...

"You are not allowed to go to Cuba, isn't it?", I asked.

"Right...But I did go to Guantanamo", he said.

"So what did you think of Guantanamo?", I asked.

"Oh it was great...the weather was great...it was so beautiful...it's like heaven..."

I kept looking at him...then kept munching my toast..It was necessary!

Breaking the short but distinctive silence his fiancee (Australian...hence politically smarter) filled in, "I don't think she asked about the weather, honey..."



Note: The person is in the US Navy...studying International Relations at the moment...The fact that I have not used their names here is cos' I dont know their names yet...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

call them..just morons...thats it ...
btw very well written..very hilarious ..:-)

Unknown said...

well they are just Americans..that too in the army..so no need to put any more adjectives..
simple...bokachoda, gandu Americans..
Bolivia theke Guantanamo oder 14 purusher sampatti..n becoz of that why shud they border about the minimal details of these native places and people?shala!!
but its really well written tho!!:)
keep it up..

vishnu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vishnu said...

lol.....thanks yaarrr...cracked me up....u shud have asked him more yaarrrr...u shud have asked him if he had gone scooba-diving....ya kno....u cud have told him...that he can find a population of ant people underneath the sea...thas why guantanamo is sooo beautiful...haha...anyways...what was ur initial mind-set...i mean,were u blahhhh or waned to punch him on the nose???lol...ohhh yeah....forgot...well written:)

Anonymous said...

"I have 'faith'(faith=unquestionable) on 'them'
and they told that our education system is the best".....

A research student of US in India

""Yoo...I will go to US next year...for my MS,everything is settled
......
......
west bengal ???
hey i am sorry....is it a country or a state?....""

An Indian student...doing his last year of graduation from a top private engineering college

NoBody said...

Tomar lekhar haat bhalo!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Delphic Oracle said...

thanks for your appreciation...